Sunday, October 31, 2010

The New ipod touch

The new ipod touch is the killer device that I've been waiting for. With the internal low res camera and mic, it's now a legitimate device for creating content. Prior to this new model, my biggest criticism was that this device was limited for only capturing spoken language and many of the models did not even have microphones. Though one could buy external mics, they were clunky, easy to lose and made the relatively easy to use interface more difficult.

Anyway, we bought 10 of the new model the day it was announced and I've begun using it with our students. Last week, we took the 5th grade to the museum of Natural History to the Hall of Human Origins. Though they weren't prepared to use ipods to document their learning, I brought it to small groups to see what they would do. I showed them how to use sonic pics, and to talk about a diorama. here's the result.

No comments: